Join RISE - Reconciliation in Solidarity Edmonton and fellow community members to review, explore and discuss "Honouring the Truth, Reconciling for the Future", to commemorate the 5 year anniversary of the 2015 release of the TRC Report and Calls to Action.
This five-part series will guide participants through selections and meaningful dialogue each week on topics past and future, arguably more pronounced and pressing now under pandemic circumstances than they were 5 years ago. Indigenous and non-Indigenous people are both welcome.
Please register individually for each session you can attend. The link to the meeting will be emailed apart from the registration confirmation just prior to the event each week. Feel free to join the meeting 15 minutes prior to the session.
1. June 2: Read “Preface”, “Introduction” and “Commission Activities” to Page 35
THEME: TRC History and Context
2. June 9: Read “History” to end of “The Road to Closure, 1969” to Page 70
THEME: Global Context, Survivor Testimony, and Naming
3. June 16: Read “History from “The School Experience” to Page 133
THEME: Student and Staff Experiences
4. June 23: Read “The Legacy” to Page 182
THEME: Contemporary Impact, Legal and Moral Burdens for Canadians
5. June 30: Read “The Challenge of Reconciliation” to Page 317
THEME: UNDRIP and Acts of Reconciliation
Zoom, a third-party app, will be used for this virtual session. By joining, you acknowledge that EPL and RISE do not take responsibility for Zoom's privacy policies and practices.