Librarian's Guide to Online Searching
Cultivating Database Skills for Research and InstructionBook - 2015 | Fourth edition.
This groundbreaking textbook and guide for library school students and librarians will help you--regardless of experience level or environment--learn the ins and outs of working with online databases, the best tactics for effective research online, and the methods for conveying these search skills to others.
* Features discussions of databases by discipline, including social science, science, medicine, and humanities, covering both bibliographic and numerical databases
* Provides readers with a toolkit of fundamental search skills to increase research effectiveness
* Presents advice and techniques for both virtual and in-person teaching
* Offers a companion website with additional information and exercises
* Includes new "Additional Resources" sections for each database chapter, providing exposure to more database names and vendors, as well as a new section on discovery services